Greene Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd was appointed by Continental Coal Pty to study the existing storm-water management strategy, and to upgrade and/or maintain the existing storm-water systems at the Delta Plant near Ermelo. Upon completion of the studies, Greene was appointed to supervise the design and construction of the following infrastructure:
- Pollution-control dam (PCD) (32 000 m³ storage capacity) with subsoil drainage, subsoil sump, silt traps, emergency overflows and pump station.
- Seepage barrier (total of 620 m in length).
- Concrete lined cut-off drains (total of 1.5 km in length).
- A co-disposal facility designed for an expected life-of-mine of 12 years. The design volume for the discard is 598 205 m³, and the total design volume for slurry is 416 574 m³. The final footprint will have an average height of ± 12 m and a footprint area of 22 ha.
- Co-disposal outlet works (spillway)
- Co-disposal collection dam (9 500 m³ storage capacity)